Thursday, October 24, 2013

#tbt DIY: Party Bead Chandelier

I thought we'd revisit some DIYs now that I'm a grown up and have a better camera.
The first project I decided to revisit comes with a WHOLE lot of change. The room has been repainted, and different art has been hung. What a difference a year makes!

(To see the original posts about my DIY Party Bead Chandelier, click here: Inspired by this back in 2011 and here: Fast forward to 2012, when I actually DID it.)


This is what the room looked liked last year. The color is Benjamin Moore's Bullseye. I loved that color, it's a fabulous unapologetic red with gorgeous coral and blue undertones, but it just wasn't right for the space. The room is smack dab in the center of our house and it was too much. It would be amazing in a cozy den or living room in the corner of a house with big, thick, blue drapes, and deep, down filled sofas.

Here's the room today! We (Trevor) painted the room Muslin by BM. The 3 prints down the wall I found in one of my great grandmother's albums and popped them into ikea frames. The flag is Trev's from college, and the chair I found at the thrift store, and was immediately drawn to it for some reason. Well, the reason is (I discovered later) that the fabric is Brunschwig and Fils 1980's Chintz. Big surprise. 

This was the chandelier before we took it down, but after I had taken all the crystals off. Scary.

Still scary on my floor.

Spray painted party beads from Jo-Ann fabrics.

The project took forever, but I'll never regret having done it.



No comments:

Post a Comment