Thursday, December 16, 2010

campaign dresser

I was obsessed with Vanessa de Vargas's dresser all summer:
via lonny

soooooo....... I decided to make my own... 
DSC04526

Continue reading to see what they looked like before...


I found these on craigslist for $54, and $64 for the uglier one with the hutch:


I pulled off the crappy hutch, and voila... we're half way there:

Then I took off the brass hardware, took out the drawers, and started painting. I used Glidden's Orbit Green in high gloss. I didn't prime it, or sand it because I'm lazy, so I had to do 3 coats, but I think it turned out alright: 
DSC04526
DSC04535


The things on top are temporary, but that mirror might stay...








5 comments:

  1. I see a Belladwella shop in your future....maybe JAdler collaboration?? YOu so creative! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in search of campaign furniture for what seems like forever. You did such a pretty revamp and chose an AMAZING color!

    www.turnuptherad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This transformation is amazing. I am the hunt for the perfect DIY campaign dresser for my office and I find your dresser so inspirational. I would love to feature this project on my blog tomorrow, for a series called thrifty tuesdays. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome! I just love the color and the vignette is great too! I might just need to be on the hunt for a campaign dresser...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I saw this over at Danielle Oakey, and SO jealous Kansas City Craigslist NEVER has campaign funiture!!

    ReplyDelete