Thursday, October 31, 2013

the fireplace! Before and after.

FINALLY DONE!

The fireplace was one of those things I didn't know what to do with for like... 3 and a half years until late at night last week when I decided to just paint the damn thing white. and it worked! 

This is what we started with (cue the Jason//Halloween music). Yes, we actually said "wow, yeah, we'll buy that house".
Fireplace1

We painted the walls right when we moved in.
DSC04676

BAM! Case of the late night paint crazies. This took 2 coats of white oil based (read: stinky) enamel paint. Open your windows when you do this. I didn't prime it (too lazy/impatient). Trevor had already painted the inside of the fireplace black, and we don't plan on actually using this fireplace, so it's just regular black paint)
fireplace6

New windows.
FIREPLACE8

Child proofed.
Fireplace4

I love how happy the space feels now that the fireplace is all white.
Fireplace5
Just goes to show, sometimes all you need is a little motivation and a can of white paint!

and who doesn't love a good before and after? 
fireplace7

2 comments:

  1. That is amazing! I have been wanting to paint our fireplace white and this is inspiring me. I need your help with accessorizing though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge improvement! Love the cute red garland!

    http://reuschinteriordesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete