Wednesday, October 3, 2012

changing table styling

I had a little too much fun last night styling the changing table. No child needs interior design books of South African homes and Dorothy Draper's genius next to her butt paste. But whatever.

photo (20) 

It all started with this dresser we found on craigslist for $50. It has these awesome bamboo details all over it, from the trim on the drawers to the brass handles. Sold.
image

The second thing we got our hands on was a changing tray. I can't stand stuff everywhere. I prefer my clutter in one place. I was thinking of making something to corral all the stuff you need to change a baby, but then I found this online at Bratt Decor: 
6

It comes with a lame-o changing pad, so I replaced it with the one on the left from Amazon.com. Which by the way is the exact same as the one on the right, which is from Serena & Lily. 

61DJS31WcOL._AA1435_INSERT-DCP

With all my ingredients lined up, I went to town. 
photo321

The changing tray is great, because it gives you about 2 inches in the back to put your baby goodies if you replace the changing pad. I got the Serena & Lily changing pad cover below, and two more off eBay, brand new in the package, for about $5 each.photo (21)

I added a little height to the lamp to hide the iPhone speaker with books... which will have to get used to playing lullabies. It's been used to playing gangster rap for the past couple months (painting music).  
photo (19)

No comments:

Post a Comment