Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lightening up a dining room

Hello!

I've let the blog go by the wayside these past few weeks. I've been swamped with client projects and our house has been covered in drywall dust. The attic is finally ready for next steps, so I'll share some progress with you tomorrow.

This is a fun little project my client and I just completed. She wanted to lighten up her dining room area, and make everything work together in the space.

She has this adorable driftwood etagere, a dark wood plank table and chairs (which are on loan to her from a friend, but she has to make them work in the room), and amazing Farrow and Ball wallcovering. So much potential!
liz2

I suggested she lighten up the chair situation.

By using these Stark style ghost chairs in place of the wooden ones, the entire room is transformed. Once you remove the matchy matchy chair/table combo, you're eye is freed up to move about the space, notice the wallpaper, the rug, and the gorgeous table. 
Liz1

I just love how this turned out!!
BeforeafterLiz

No comments:

Post a Comment