Tuesday, February 11, 2014

New sponsor: Susty Party (and New Bar Cart/Drinking Corner/Speakeasy Situation!)

Please give a warm welcome to Susty Party.
susty

Susty Party, a company based in Brooklyn, NY, creates responsibly made, eco-friendly party supplies and compostable tableware.

Susty Party is owned by two women - Emily Doubilet and Jessica Holsey. They started the company in 2009 because the party and event industry is a huge contributor to waste. Every year, in the US alone, hundreds of billions of disposable tableware items are discarded. They saw an opportunity to make parties more sustainable, and sustainability a lot more fun!

Susty Party's tableware is compostable yet colorful, highly-functional, party-ready, and responsibly made in partnership with non-profit factories who employ and empower the visually impaired community. All Susty Party products are non-toxic, made from renewable or sustainably harvested materials, and made in North America!

They sent me some adorable straws along with some other goodies I can't wait to try out, which totally inspired a little bar makeover.
2014-02-10 02.09.00

We had the ever popular "bar cart" situation for a while, but it stopped feeling fresh.

To freshen said situation, I literally moved everything.

The space is a little odd. Eventually, we will bust that wall down, close the front part off, and make it part of my closet. But for now it's just an odd little indentation in our front hall. I've never really embraced the indentation, I've instead always tried to "fill it in." This time around, I'm choosing to embrace the space and work with the depth.
2014-02-10 02.02.26

I put a shelf we had with a shallow profile back into the space, and changed out the toy cabinet (which my husband's grandparents made him - how cute is that) for a botanical so that it laid flat against the wall.
2014-02-10 02.19.40

I filled the shelves top to bottom with all the things in our house that said "drinking". The naked lady mugs are my favorite. I stuck with silver (frames, do dads) when filling the shelves with knick knacks. It's easier to quickly make everything feel cohesive when you have a theme.
2014-02-10 02.19.50

I added a chair that I found at the consignment shop recently (you know about this if you follow me on Instagram. #sneakpeaks), and I love the pop of pink from the straws!
2014-02-10 02.20.37 

Adding the chair really helped me to embrace the depth of this space, so much so that I'll be sad to see it go once it's part of my closet. HA. Just kidding. No I won't. SHOES!
2014-02-10 02.21.49

I also like how the chair breaks up the rectangularity of the space. 
BARCORNER

Here's a good old before and after. The before picture should always be taken at crappy times of day, PS.
2014-02-10 02.02.35  


Oh, and by the way. Susty Party also has more than just straws. They have genius Party Kits. Fully compostable. How cute (and easy) are they? As if you needed another reason to host a Valentine's Day party.susty

2 comments:

  1. That looks great. I will have to go over and check out Susty Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me share some good stuff with you on your beautiful blogs I was able to purchase a property with help from Mr Pedro and his loan company team were quick to respond and since this was my first time getting a loan to buy a property , he was able to help me walk through the loan process. It was a great experience working with a good and kind loan lender. I hope you know very well if you are looking for a loan to purchase a property or funding business purposes then this message is for you will be able to help you with such a process here his details Email Address: pedroloanss@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete