Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Who feels like reading?

First of all, happy New Year to all of you delicious readers. I value your visits to my blog, and want to keep you interested, entertained, and inspired.

However, I have an admission... I really struggled with "blogging" this year. The more I grew my little company, the more connections I made in the blogging and design world, and the less I felt like blogging.

The reason? Everything I did felt less and less authentic, like it had already been done, and if I wrote about it, it wouldn't have been an original thought, and therefore not authentic. So I didn't post.

In this community that I consider myself to be a part of, there is so much information, an abundance of pictures, and countless sources of inspiration. Between Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and even new sites like Keep, it's impossible to shield oneself from what one can consider inspiration. I did so many DIY projects this year that I didn't even bother writing about because they had be done before. But is that really fair to you, my reader? I mean, not really. Not in the slightest.

So, I want to be a better blogger. I'm going to write more about what I see, what I like, what I want you to see - which by the way is the whole reason I started Belladwella in 2010! Cause I wanted you to see stuff I thought was "cool". Well folks. I'm still "cool," even at the ripe old age of dirty 30, so get ready for a great year of blogging.

To kick things off I want to revisit some of my fave things that happened in 2013.

We painted the fireplace! A little white paint goes a long way on an eye sore.
10592125014_4f26cbf349_b

We also painted our "red rum." This took a lot of bribing and pleading with my husband, but he finally caved. The great thing about this decision is that it totally changed the entire house. Asta la vista, red room.
10458774794_104d5f6eda_b

I finished Lulu's room! Those curtains haunted me for oh, about two years. 11436736286_c9a14d4459_c

I found a Dorothy Draper EspaƱa chest at the consignment store for $40. Hands down the furniture highlight of my year!
10405392566_4c9b8dd5b7_c

Last but not least, my biggie. I started Belladwella Interiors, formed Belladwella LLC, trademarked that ish, and have been doing legit design work since August. I even got myself some pretty dope sponsors (over there -> to the right, to the right). Yea boi! E-decor has to be one of my favorite things to do, and if you're interested, click here to book a free Belladwella Interiors consultation online!10712099364_a6879f5286_c
I wish everyone a healthy and happy 2014! Thanks for reading :) 
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment