Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lilly Pulitzer Ocean TV Cabinet

First of all, I am obsessed with you, Lilly Pulitzer Ocean TV Cabinet, but I cannot afford you, and even if I could I wouldn't buy you. Cause I'm cheap. So Imma make you.

photo(6)

That being said... the idea at first was pretty far-fetched considering this is what I started with..


You're Horribleness...
DSC04997

no back
DSC04999
and in general: gross.

Also, the biggest hurdle was the doors. I wanted to copy the LP cabinet's doors but how??
DSC05107
SAWS. Awful. I hate sawing I think it's scary and I am bad at it. I'm bad at even holding whatever someone else is cutting it because I think they're going to saw my fingers off. So this part of the project was awful.

Now sand. These are the best for sanding. They are spongy and get in all the crevices.
DSC05108

Primed, still backless.
photo(2)


When you get sick of painting you can make earrings.
photo(3)

WELL HEY THERE RAZZLE DAZZLE BY BENJAMIN MOORE.
photo(4)
Also, the back was really easy to do. I took the measurements of the back of the cabinet to home depot, and after picking out a $7 piece of particle board they just cut it for your on their fancy machine.

Drum roll please..

This is what we were replacing (which is now our fab dry bar)
photo(1)


The finished product
DSC05165

DSC05168

DSC05170

Welcome to our wild pink, fish catchin', leopard ruggin', safari land living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment